To Dihl (“Dihl”) is committed to complying with the General Data Protection Regulation and the Data Protection Act 2018, once enacted. Looking after the personal information you share with us is very important, and we want you to be confident that your personal data is kept safely and securely and to understand how we use it to offer you a better shopping experience.
Dihl will be known as the 'Data Controller' of the personal data you provide to us. By Data Controller, this means Dihl determines the purposes and way in which any personal data are, or will be, processed.
When collecting goods from our warehouse, Dihl uses CCTV for security monitoring purposes.
What we collectWhen you buy goods from us, you are entering into a contract with us. To be able to ship the goods we will as you to provide some personal information such as;
We may collect the following information:
- Full name
- Contact information including email address
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers (optional)
How we use your information
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping
- We may use the information to improve our products and services
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information if you have signed up to our newsletter. You can opt out at any time.
- To pass to couriers, this will be name, address and contact number if provided
- WE WILL NEVER SELL OR PASS ON YOUR INFORMATION TO ANY THIRD PARTY COMPANY, WE HATE JUNK MAIL AND COLD CALLERS AS MUCH AS YOU DO
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better buying experience, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.For details of the Third Party cookies we use please see the list below. Dihl is not responsible for the content or privacy policies of Third Parties or other websites, and we advise that you check these yourself.
- Google Adwords
- Google Analytics
- Lucky Orange
- Bing Ads
- Facebook Pixel
Website visitors who don’t want their data used by Google Analytics can install the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on. To opt-out of Analytics for the web, visit the Google Analytics opt-out page and install the add-on for your browser. Learn more about the opt-out and how to properly install the browser add-on here.
Visitors can also opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customize Google Display Network ads using the Ads Settings
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at customer.support@Dihl.co.uk. You can also click the 'Unsubscribe' button on our emails.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the General Data Protection Regulation and Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to customer.support@Dihl.co.uk.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
How to disable cookies
Most modern browsers allow you to control your cookie settings for all websites that you browse. You can disable cookie deployment completely by editing your browser settings, however, in doing this you may be limiting the functionality that is displayed on our website. To learn how to disable cookies on your preferred browser we recommend reading this advice posted by Google.
If you are concerned about cookies tracking your movements on the Internet then you may be concerned about spyware. Spyware is the name given to a particular band of cookies that track personal information about you. There are many antispyware programs that you can use to prevent this from happening. Learn more about antispyware software - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spyware. As mentioned earlier in this page you call also disable Google Analytics on all websites by downloading the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on.
You have several rights under the data privacy legislation. This includes, under certain circumstances, the right to;
- Right of access to your personal data and how we process it
- Right to rectification – to have your personal information corrected if it is inaccurate and to have incomplete personal information completed
- Right to erasure (also known as the Right to be Forgotten) – to have your personal information erased. Email us at customer.support@Dihl.co.uk or call us on 08000 337 688
- Right to restriction of processing – to restrict processing of your personal information
- Right to data portability - to electronically move, copy or transfer your personal information in a standard form
- Right to object - to object to processing of your personal information
- Rights with regards to automated individual decision making, including profiling –rights relating to automated decision making, including profiling
Right to lodge a complaint
If you have any concerns or complaints regarding the way in which we process your data, please email us directly at customer.support@Dihl.co.uk. You also have the right to make a complaint to the ICO (the data protection regulator in the UK). We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO, so please do contact us in the first instance.
- Dihl, Century Works, Manchest Road, Millhouse Green, South Yorkshire, S36 9LQ
- 08000 337 688